At Nelson Comfort, we pride ourselves on the fact that our HVAC technicians are NATE-certified. Within their first year of employment with our company, every technician must pass NATE’s testing curriculum. So, what is NATE-certified and what does it mean for you?
What is NATE?
NATE stands for North American Technician Excellence. NATE is an independent organization which provides knowledge-based testing and certification of technicians and installers working in the HVAC industry. Their testing covers a wide variety of topics which are pertinent to the industry, with core installation and service certifications as well as many specialty areas.
NATE-certified technicians are the best in the industry. They have committed themselves to gaining the knowledge and experience necessary to perform at an elite level. NATE certification means a technician has proven their knowledge of the equipment, technology, and techniques utilized in the HVAC industry.
Why hire a NATE-certified technician?
For homeowners in Cincinnati, there are many benefits to choosing an HVAC company who employs NATE-certified technicians. These benefits include:
• Quality Installation: Purchasing a new heating or cooling system is an expensive investment for any homeowner. Even the best equipment will not perform properly if the installation is botched. NATE-certified technicians possess the knowledge and skill to perform accurate and efficient installations for all heating and cooling systems. When your installation is performed by a NATE-certified technician, you can rest assured that your system will perform at peak efficiency and offer excellent performance.
• Complete Maintenance: NATE-certified technicians provide extremely thorough inspections and tune-ups during your seasonal maintenance visits. They know exactly what to look for and what maintenance your system requires to improve performance and efficiency. Maintenance performed by a NATE-certified technician will help you avoid repairs.
• Efficient System Repairs: Should your system require repair, a NATE-certified technician can quickly and accurately diagnose your system and perform needed repairs, getting your system back up and running sooner.
• Fewer Return Visits: NATE-certified technicians are trained to do their work properly the first time, meaning less wasted time and money for you. NATE-certified technicians have a callback-free performance rate of 74 percent, while uncertified techs offer only 68 percent.
• Knowledgeable Advice: NATE-certified technicians are a great resource for homeowners. They have answers for all your HVAC questions, and can work with you to tackle your HVAC issues and improve your home comfort.
Call the NATE-certified team at Nelson Comfort today for all your heating and cooling needs!