If you find yourself in need of a new heating system this season, you’ll have a number of options to choose from. Though you may not have heard of them before, packaged systems are a suitable option for most homes and businesses in Cincinnati.
What are Packaged Units?
A packaged unit is a type of HVAC system that houses all necessary system components in one cabinet, thus the term packaged unit. A packaged unit can be installed on the ground outside or on the rooftop, which is often used for commercial applications. Packaged units are available which offer heating, cooling, or a combination of both. Popular configurations include:
• Hybrid heating units, combining gas heating equipment and a heat pump
• Heat pump systems, which package together the heat pump and the air handler
• Heating and cooling systems, which package gas heating equipment and electric cooling
• Cooling systems, which package the electric air conditioner with the air handler
Why Choose a Packaged Unit?
Packaged units have many advantages over other types of heating and cooling systems. Some of the reasons Cincinnati home and business owners choose packaged systems include:
• Packaged units take up less space, making them a better choice when you have limited space available for installation. Business owners often choose packaged units for this reason because these units can be installed on the roof of a building, so indoor space can be better utilized.
• Packaged units are easily accessible. All components of the heating and cooling system are conveniently located together, making it easier for technicians to work on them and for homeowners as well as facility managers to perform maintenance tasks such as filter changes.
Have questions about packaged heating and cooling systems for your Cincinnati home or business? Contact Nelson Comfort today — we will be happy to help you find a packaged unit that will meet your needs.