Mold growing in your Cincinnati home can have serious health implications for your family members. The more mold which grows, the greater risk it poses to yourself and your loved ones. Learn the symptoms, and what you can do to keep your family health.
Symptoms of Mold Exposure
Mold may grow if your home experiences moisture problems. Exposure to mold and mildew can cause a range of symptoms, including:
- Irritated skin, eyes, and throat
If someone in your household has respiratory issues or immune system deficiencies, they may be especially sensitive to mold exposure. Some evidence exists linking early childhood mold exposure to the development of asthma, especially when a genetic predisposition exists.
Prevent Mold Growth
Mold carries a distinctly musty smell – it can often be smelled before it is visible. Once you locate mold growth in the home, it can be cleaned away with a bleach solution. Because mold typically results from a moisture issue in the home, you’ll need to address its cause.
Installing a whole-home dehumidifier can keep your relative humidity level in check, preventing mold growth. If your home is too humid, moisture can pool on surfaces, creating the ideal environment for mold growth. Dehumidifiers pull excess moisture out of your indoor air supply, leaving your indoor environment drier, but at the appropriate moisture levels for your comfort.
Mold spores are easily spread through your HVAC system as air circulates. Ultraviolet light air purifiers are a solution which stops mold from contaminating your indoor air quality. Affixed within your HVAC system, as mold passes by in the air, the ultraviolet energy neutralizes spores so they cannot breed and cannot cause symptoms.
Don’t let your family suffer due to mold exposure – Nelson Comfort has the indoor air quality solutions you need to prevent mold’s harmful effects. Contact us today to learn more.