In most cases, you can expect your system to last for 10 to 20 years. As it ages, it will lose its efficiency. It may be noisier and require more frequent repair. When you notice these signs, you can either choose to repair the system or replace it. If your system is over 10 years old, it can be more cost-effective to replace your old system with a new, more energy efficient one. Our technicians are happy to provide you with an estimate for replacement and help you determine how long it will take for the new system to pay you back in terms of the energy savings it will generate.
Cincinnati’s Trusted Heating and Air Conditioning Company Since 1925!
Nelson Comfort is a family-owned and operated company that has proudly served the Greater Cincinnati area since 1925! We pride ourselves on our reputation for being honest and professional while providing superb heating and air conditioning customer service.
Our highly trained team of customer service representatives and service technicians are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to help your family with all heating, air conditioning, geothermal, and electrical needs. After a year of working with Nelson Comfort, our service technicians become NATE (North American Technician Excellence) certified, which is the highest level of certification in the HVAC industry. This ensure that your heating and air conditioning repair is completed to the highest standards in the industry.
When it comes time to replace your heating, air conditioning, or geothermal system our team is ready. Our factory trained comfort consultants are available to help you decide which HVAC system is best for you and your family. Once you decide upon the heating and air conditioning system that is right for you, our installation team will be scheduled, at your convenience, to come to your home to install your brand new heating and cooling system. No worries… Our installation crews are instructed to leave the work area cleaner than when they arrived!
At Nelson Comfort, we have a team of commercial & residential electricians ready to assist. Whether you need a new whole home generator for when the power goes out, new USB power outlets, or new parking lot lighting, we are eager to assist.
“Thank you Cincinnati for allowing us the opportunity to serve you since 1925!” – Dan, Owner of Nelson Comfort
“(Nelson Comfort) returned my call within minutes at the start of the day, and arrived the same day, even though we were in a terrible heat spell. The serviceman didn’t try to convince us we needed a new unit and just made the repairs quickly. This is how business should be conducted.
– Candace C. in Cincinnati, Ohio
We would hope other Nelson technicians involved in service and maintaining other types of heating/cooling systems would be as capable and conscientious as Bruce, Rudi and Joel were. Having said that, we would not hesitate to recommend your company to family and friends.
– Jim and Erika S. in Cincinnati, Ohio
Tech performed cleaning and tune-up of gas furnace, and cleaned humidifier and replaced pad with factory-spec pad. Did an awesome job explaining in detail what he did and why, was prompt, courteous, and professional.
– Thomas S. in Liberty Township, Ohio
All of the work was done efficiently and with our detailed knowledge of each step. They left the areas, inside and outside the house, as clean as they found them. They were a pleasure to work with and they met or exceeded all of our expectations. I will certainly give Nelson a recommendation to others who need these services.
– Tony C. in Cincinnati, Ohio
I very much appreciate the effort that you and Nelson expended in getting the furnace replaced before the Thanksgiving Holiday. My wife and I were impressed by the knowledge and professionalism of the crew that did the actual installation and the way in which they removed the old furnace and cleaned up after themselves.
– Gary G. in Cincinnati, Ohio
The Nelson Comfort Care Plan
Nelson Comfort prides itself on using industry-leading technology in the field with our factory trained heating and air conditioning service team members. Our team is on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for emergency service. To prevent the need for emergency service for your heating and cooling system, the leading comfort company in Cincinnati has created the Nelson Comfort Preventative Maintenance Care Plan.
As you probably already know, regularly servicing of your HVAC system can save as much as 20% a year in operating costs and even extend the life of your heating and air conditioning equipment. With the Nelson Comfort Preventative Maintenance Care Plan, you can rest assured that your system is serviced twice a year by a NATE-certified technician and is running at peak efficiency.
- 15% discount on all service work! (Both Electrical & HVAC)
- Priority service
- No overtime charges
- Prolongs the life of your equipment
- Helps eliminates costly repairs
- Helps eliminate untimely breakdowns
- Validates manufacturer’s warranties
- Appointments scheduled at your convenience
- All parts are backed by a 1-year guarantee
- Ensures peak efficiency of your system
Frequently Asked Questions
Replacing only the outdoor portion of your system is not advisable. It can cause you to lose about 15 percent efficiency, cause your system to fail sooner, and void your manufacturer’s warranty. When it’s time to replace your exterior cooling unit, you should also replace your interior cooling coil.
Bigger systems do not mean better. Your air conditioner needs to be properly sized for your home in order to provide efficient, comfortable cooling. An oversized unit will use excessive energy and not provide adequate humidity control because its run cycles are too short, leaving more moisture in the air. This can cause mold and mildew issues in your home. Shorter run cycles also cause more energy to be used and a great deal of wear and tear to the system, which can lead to early breakdowns and reduced system life. The same also applies to an oversized furnace. While oversized equipment will heat and cool your home faster, this benefit does not outweigh the negatives.
It is necessary for system components to be matched properly for a number of reasons:
- Comfort: Components which are properly sized allow for precise control, improving your comfort.
- Performance: Matched systems mean all components will perform properly; cycle times are maintained, humidity is kept in check, and operating noise is minimized.
- Efficiency: Poorly matched systems use more energy than needed. A system that meets the needs of your home, as outlined by your load calculation, will give you the most value for your energy dollars.
You need to change your filter at a regular interval. How often depends on the filter type, the number of pets you have, and the capacity of your heating and cooling system. If you’re unsure how often to do so, contact Comfort Control for assistance.
- When Should I Replace My Electrical Outlets Nov 19, 2015 Household electrical outlets aren’t something many Cincinnati homeowners think about often. If they’re powering our devices, we tend to think they’re fine. The truth... Read More...
- Will My Geothermal System Be Enough This Winter? Nov 17, 2015 There are many myths online about geothermal heating systems, which can confuse the facts for Cincinnati homeowners. One myth is that geothermal heating systems... Read More...
- Is My Furnace About To Break Down? Nov 12, 2015 The last thing you want to deal with in the dead of winter is a furnace breakdown. Many Cincinnati homeowners continue to operate their... Read More...