In most cases, you can expect your system to last for 10 to 20 years. As it ages, it will lose its efficiency. It may be noisier and require more frequent repair. When you notice these signs, you can either choose to repair the system or replace it. If your system is over 10 years old, it can be more cost-effective to replace your old system with a new, more energy efficient one. Our technicians are happy to provide you with an estimate for replacement and help you determine how long it will take for the new system to pay you back in terms of the energy savings it will generate.
Cincinnati’s Trusted Heating and Air Conditioning Company Since 1925!
Nelson Comfort is a family-owned and operated company that has proudly served the Greater Cincinnati area since 1925! We pride ourselves on our reputation for being honest and professional while providing superb heating and air conditioning customer service.
Our highly trained team of customer service representatives and service technicians are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to help your family with all heating, air conditioning, geothermal, and electrical needs. After a year of working with Nelson Comfort, our service technicians become NATE (North American Technician Excellence) certified, which is the highest level of certification in the HVAC industry. This ensure that your heating and air conditioning repair is completed to the highest standards in the industry.
When it comes time to replace your heating, air conditioning, or geothermal system our team is ready. Our factory trained comfort consultants are available to help you decide which HVAC system is best for you and your family. Once you decide upon the heating and air conditioning system that is right for you, our installation team will be scheduled, at your convenience, to come to your home to install your brand new heating and cooling system. No worries… Our installation crews are instructed to leave the work area cleaner than when they arrived!
At Nelson Comfort, we have a team of commercial & residential electricians ready to assist. Whether you need a new whole home generator for when the power goes out, new USB power outlets, or new parking lot lighting, we are eager to assist.
“Thank you Cincinnati for allowing us the opportunity to serve you since 1925!” – Dan, Owner of Nelson Comfort
What Our Customers Say About Us!
“(Nelson Comfort) returned my call within minutes at the start of the day, and arrived the same day, even though we were in a terrible heat spell. The serviceman didn’t try to convince us we needed a new unit and just made the repairs quickly. This is how business should be conducted.
– Candace C. in Cincinnati, Ohio
We would hope other Nelson technicians involved in service and maintaining other types of heating/cooling systems would be as capable and conscientious as Bruce, Rudi and Joel were. Having said that, we would not hesitate to recommend your company to family and friends.
– Jim and Erika S. in Cincinnati, Ohio
Tech performed cleaning and tune-up of gas furnace, and cleaned humidifier and replaced pad with factory-spec pad. Did an awesome job explaining in detail what he did and why, was prompt, courteous, and professional.
– Thomas S. in Liberty Township, Ohio
All of the work was done efficiently and with our detailed knowledge of each step. They left the areas, inside and outside the house, as clean as they found them. They were a pleasure to work with and they met or exceeded all of our expectations. I will certainly give Nelson a recommendation to others who need these services.
– Tony C. in Cincinnati, Ohio
I very much appreciate the effort that you and Nelson expended in getting the furnace replaced before the Thanksgiving Holiday. My wife and I were impressed by the knowledge and professionalism of the crew that did the actual installation and the way in which they removed the old furnace and cleaned up after themselves.
– Gary G. in Cincinnati, Ohio
I’ve been with Nelson for years, now and have never been disappointed. The receptionist when I call is always courteous and the technicians are professional. Would recommend them to anyone.
– Carrie T. in Cincinnati, Ohio
The Nelson technicians were very knowledgeable and efficient. They worked quickly but took the time needed to be sure all the calculations and readings were correct. The company is very good about scheduling times and calling when the technician is on the way. You can trust this company for a job well done.
– Nancy H. in Cincinnati, Ohio
Very through and professional. Your service professionals are the type that I would have zero problem giving them permission to enter our home without us home. I have said that to no other company in the Cincinnati Area. Keep it up and yes, I have already recommended you to several of our neighbors. Thank you!
– John B. in Cincinnati, Ohio
I have been with Nelson Comfort for years and have always been pleased with their professionalism and quality of work. Always there when you expect them. I recommend Nelson Comfort to my family and friends.
– Doug M. in Cincinnati, Ohio
The Nelson Comfort Care Plan
Nelson Comfort prides itself on using industry-leading technology in the field with our factory trained heating and air conditioning service team members. Our team is on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for emergency service. To prevent the need for emergency service for your heating and cooling system, the leading comfort company in Cincinnati has created the Nelson Comfort Preventative Maintenance Care Plan.
As you probably already know, regularly servicing of your HVAC system can save as much as 20% a year in operating costs and even extend the life of your heating and air conditioning equipment. With the Nelson Comfort Preventative Maintenance Care Plan, you can rest assured that your system is serviced twice a year by a NATE-certified technician and is running at peak efficiency.
- 15% discount on all service work! (Both Electrical & HVAC)
- Priority service
- No overtime charges
- Prolongs the life of your equipment
- Helps eliminates costly repairs
- Helps eliminate untimely breakdowns
- Validates manufacturer’s warranties
- Appointments scheduled at your convenience
- All parts are backed by a 1-year guarantee
- Ensures peak efficiency of your system
Frequently Asked Questions
Replacing only the outdoor portion of your system is not advisable. It can cause you to lose about 15 percent efficiency, cause your system to fail sooner, and void your manufacturer’s warranty. When it’s time to replace your exterior cooling unit, you should also replace your interior cooling coil.
Bigger systems do not mean better. Your air conditioner needs to be properly sized for your home in order to provide efficient, comfortable cooling. An oversized unit will use excessive energy and not provide adequate humidity control because its run cycles are too short, leaving more moisture in the air. This can cause mold and mildew issues in your home. Shorter run cycles also cause more energy to be used and a great deal of wear and tear to the system, which can lead to early breakdowns and reduced system life. The same also applies to an oversized furnace. While oversized equipment will heat and cool your home faster, this benefit does not outweigh the negatives.
It is necessary for system components to be matched properly for a number of reasons:
- Comfort: Components which are properly sized allow for precise control, improving your comfort.
- Performance: Matched systems mean all components will perform properly; cycle times are maintained, humidity is kept in check, and operating noise is minimized.
- Efficiency: Poorly matched systems use more energy than needed. A system that meets the needs of your home, as outlined by your load calculation, will give you the most value for your energy dollars.
You need to change your filter at a regular interval. How often depends on the filter type, the number of pets you have, and the capacity of your heating and cooling system. If you’re unsure how often to do so, contact Comfort Control for assistance.
- Top Reasons For Cincinnati Air Conditioning Repair CallsApr 14, 2016When the weather in the Cincinnati area starts to heat up, air conditioners start to turn on… and in come the calls for air...Read More...
- Spring Cleaning? Don’t Forget Your HVAC System!Mar 14, 2016Cincinnati temperatures are rising, and its time you began thinking about getting your air conditioner in shape for the coming summer. A Spring Clean...Read More...
- Heat Your Cincinnati Home with a Hybrid SystemFeb 11, 2016Hybrid heating systems, also known as dual fuel systems, are an intelligent, energy efficient option for heating homes and businesses throughout the Cincinnati area....Read More...
We're hiring! Apply to join the Nelson Comfort family!Apply
Brands We Service
Financing Options Available With Approved CreditLearn More
- Thanks, Brittany Harrison, for your excellent review @Birdeye_ https://t.co/Rqht61xghH - 3 days ago
- Thanks, Alan Brown, for your excellent review @Birdeye_ https://t.co/Rqht61fET7 - 6 days ago
- Thanks, Jim B., for your excellent review @Birdeye_ https://t.co/Rqht61fET7 - 12 days ago